Terms and Conditions
The URNCST Journal Case Competition is open to any undergraduate student (BSc, BHSc, BEng, etc.) or professional-undergraduate student (MD, PharmD, DDS, etc.) with an interest in submitting an abstract that demonstrates their critical thinking on a research topic as provided by the URNCST Journal. By submitting your abstract to URNCST Journal you agree to the following terms and conditions:
○ 1) All co-authors are or were an undergraduate or professional-undergraduate student at the time during which the case competition abstract was written and it has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
○ 2) By submitting this form, authors give the URNCST Journal permission to contact them via email regarding their abstract submission and occasional updates about opportunities offered by the URNCST Journal or one of its partners.
○ 3) The submitting (corresponding) author has obtained permission from all co-authors (if any) to submit their abstract to the URNCST Journal Case Competition with the understanding that, if accepted, authors will be invited, and are prepared, to write and revise an full-length research protocol for the URNCST Journal. Furthermore, authors have ascertained that the order of authorship has been agreed upon by all authors.
○ 4) The submitting (corresponding) author has ensured that all (co-)authors are aware that should they be invited to write a full-length research protocol and it is accepted for publication following peer-review, that a $300.00 CAD (or the equivalent in your local currency) plus applicable taxes article processing fee is due to the URNCST Journal. Furthermore, authors understand that by submitting an abstract, and thereby participating in this case competition, they have the available funds and intention to cover the costs of this article processing fee. All authors understand that their abstract or full-length research protocol may be accepted or declined throughout the review process, and that if either is declined, no fees are due.
1. After you have read through this entire webpage carefully, please download and complete the Abstract Template for the URNCST Journal Case Competition HERE.
2. Once you (and your co-authors) have drafted your abstract and ALL authors agree on the terms and conditions listed above associated with submitting an abstract, designate ONE author as the corresponding author who should email the abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that the email subject heading reads "URNCST Journal Case Competition Abstract Submission", and is preferably sent through an institutional email address. Please do NOT create an account on the URNCST Journal website and submit your abstract through the portal.
If you encounter any difficulties along the way, please send an email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract to the URNCST Journal Case Competition!