Thank you for your interest in becoming an URNCST Journal Ambassador! Please view the official job posting and read this webpage carefully before submitting your application. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is an URNCST Journal Ambassador?
URNCST Journal Ambassadors play a key role in assisting the journal’s mission of helping undergraduate and professional-undergraduate conference planning committees worldwide become aware of and learn more about the benefits of publishing their conference abstracts in the URNCST Journal. Journal ambassadors may be undergraduate students, graduate students, research staff, and even non-researchers who have a keen interest in promoting undergraduate research. Prior research experience, therefore, is not a prerequisite required to become an URNCST Journal ambassador.
Why should I become an URNCST Journal Ambassador?
Here are just seven great reasons to become an URNCST Journal Ambassador:
○ No Experience Required: Prior research experience is not a prerequisite to becoming an URNCST Journal ambassador. All we require is your willingness to support undergraduate research!
○ Paid Referrals: Rewarding our ambassadors for their service is just one innovative way the URNCST Journal promotes undergraduate research. As an ambassador, if you connect us with the planning committee of an undergraduate research conference we will award you $25 CAD if if we publish their abstract book in the URNCST Journal.
○ Work Remotely: As an ambassador, you help us to promote the URNCST Journal to undergraduate researchers within your geographical location and/or online to the institution(s) where you are already affiliated.
○ Flexible Schedule: We understand that undergraduate students are busy, therefore, we do not require any minimal commitments of time or articles referred to us by our ambassadors. Regardless of whether you simply tell a couple friends, or promote the URNCST Journal in front of a large audience, we allow you to help us at your own pace and contribute as little or as much of your efforts as you wish.
○ Free Promotional Materials: The URNCST Journal provides ambassadors with all the promotional materials they need, and will never require them to create their own. As an ambassador, if you cannot find what they are looking for, you are always welcome to request new materials. If approved, we may even pay you to help us create it!
○ Improve Your Marketing Skills/Grow Your Network: Ambassadors may promote the URNCST Journal by using social media, attending networking events, or simply sharing the journal with your friends. How you promote the journal is up to you, and we encourage you to experiment with the promotional strategies that work best for you, while also building your social media following and professional networks!
Why doesn’t the URNCST Journal pay for all referrals?
Please note that in the case that a conference planning committee does not publish their abstracts in the URNCST Journal, the ambassador is not paid for their referral. The URNCST Journal strives to attract the highest quality submissions, and this incentivises all ambassadors to also promote this goal.
What are some ways an Ambassador can promote the URNCST Journal?
Before promoting the URNCST Journal, please remember to always ask for and obtain permission to do so when and where necessary. While this is by no means an exhaustive list, here are some ideas to get you started:
○ Email Signature: Place your title (URNCST Journal Ambassador) and our website (https://www.urncst.com) in your email signature.
○ Word of Mouth: Tell all of your friends and classmates involved in undergraduate research about the URNCST Journal.
○ Social Media: Share the URNCST Journal website with your friends/followers in Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
○ Forums, Websites and Blogs: Promote the URNCST Journal in the places that undergraduate students frequent most online.
○ Conferences: Invite fellow researchers to submit the work they are presenting as an article to the URNCST Journal.
○ Campus Clubs and Associations: As an executive or member of one of these groups, share the URNCST Journal with other members at the next general meeting.
○ Student Events: Promote the URNCST Journal while networking with your peers.
○ Lectures: Reach a large audience quickly by delivering a short announcement encouraging submissions to the URNCST Journal.
As an ambassador, you may hand out electronic or print copies of any or all resources provided that your method of promotion complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in rendering the services to be performed. As an ambassador you may not modify any resource in any way without prior consent from the URNCST Journal, however, all ambassadors are welcome to request new promotional materials by contacting email@example.com. The following resources are available for all ambassadors to download and disseminate to aid their promotion of the URNCST Journal:
URNCST Journal General Flyer (1 Page) | DOWNLOAD PDF
URNCST Journal Descriptive Flyer (2 Pages) | DOWNLOAD PDF
URNCST Journal Ambassador Flyer (1 Page) | DOWNLOAD PDF
Please email your completed application form, along with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading titled "URNCST Journal Ambassador Application". While we thank everyone who applies, please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.